My trip to Northern Patagonia
In February 2020 i hitchhiking traveled to the carretera austral with my cousin for three weeks. We start in the Alerce Andino National Park and ended in Futaleufu, my favorite place of the trip. It was an unforgettable experience, we visited amazing places and met amazing people.
However, during the trip we experienced difficult moments, for example the first day in Alerce Andino our tent and our backpacks were flooded, because it was raining torrentially, we had a terrible night. The tent we were traveling with was of poor quality, for that reason the next day we had to buy another one in Puerto Montt. It would have been impossible to survive the cold and rain with the same tent for the rest of the trip, since towards the southern zone the climate is much more hostile. Fortunately the rest of the nights were very pleasant.
Our trip continued to Cochamo, Puelo River and Hornopiren. In that town we boarded a ferry to Caleta Gonzalo, the beginning of the Pumalin National Park. Pumalin is a beautiful place, it presents virgin landscapes and ancient forests, but it´s very difficult to get around because the flow of cars is very scarce and many backpackers are trying to try their luck. Despite this, we were very successful and my dream is to participate in the hitchhiking world championship in Romania.




Woow great pictures Joaquin!!, I also want to know Futaleufu, It is ancient larch forest must be incredible and spectacular to be able to appreciate it
ResponderBorrarWhat a great trip you had.
ResponderBorrarIts seems wonderful the route you chose.
I camped last year and I also had trouble with my tent.
Hey, what an adventure. I never have been on the north of "carretera austral". I only knew Coyhaique until Punta Arenas, but I want to know Futaleufu.
ResponderBorrarwhat a nice trip!!, I've always wanted to make that route.
ResponderBorrarThe pictures are amazing
What beautiful photos, despite the inconvenience you see it is a beautiful place, I had the opportunity to go to Hornopiren and I loved it!
ResponderBorrarI went to Alerce andino too, its such a beautiful place, although there were difficulties , you had a great time so I'm glad!!!!
ResponderBorrar