A region of invaluable biodiversity
Welcome to this new post, this time I will talk about a region of invaluable biodiversity, which has also been declared a natural heritage of humanity by UNESCO: Sichuan Giant Panda Sanctuaries.
This place covers a protected area of 9245 km2 distributed in seven nature reserves and nine landscape parks, in mountainous areas of Sichuan province, in southwest China. This region is made up of temperate-rain forests, and is home to one of the ecosystems with the highest species richness on the planet, concentrating between 5000 and 6000 species of plants, more than 100 species of mammals and more than 350 species of birds. On the other hand, one of the highlights of this set of sanctuaries is that it is home to 30% of the world's population of giant pandas, an endemic species of China indangered. In addition, they are inhabited by other species in threat categories, such as the red panda, the snow leopard or the clouded panther.
The natural areas of China in general are highly degraded, a situation that is repeated in other areas of East Asia such as the Indian Subcontinent, Indochina, Indonesia and the Philippines. All these regions together make up the Indo-Malay biogeographic area, which has the peculiarity of hosting most of the world's population, which means a serious threat to biodiversity. Therefore, the conservation and maintenance of these ecosystems is of crucial importance to ensure the survival of multiple species that are currently at risk of disappearing.





Since I was a little girl I have liked pandas bears, it is still my dream to see one someday, I loved your blog very much.
ResponderBorrarhow beautiful that place, but it is so frustrating that the natural areas of China are so degraded:( I wish there were more places like these where you conserve and take care of the species of flora and fauna
ResponderBorrarthe animals in those pictures are so beautiful.
ResponderBorrarChina seems to protect its animal diversity. I wish more countries do the same and take it like an example
I like the pictures a lot, also I wanted to say that i really like your blogs because they are very informative. It would be great if people in the world became aware of what the loss of biodiversity means.
ResponderBorrarJaviera Fuenzalida.
What a beautiful place with many species belonging to the area, it is unfortunate that the areas of China are so degraded with such beautiful landscapes.
ResponderBorrarJorge Abarca
it's a shame that habitats are being destroyed without awareness of the damage being done
ResponderBorrarohh it's beautiful! I did not know this beautiful place, it would be so nice to be able to meet pandas one day, they are so adorable, I like them a lot !!
ResponderBorrarHopefully this place continues to be protected and not damaged by human beings and their greed for money.
It is sad to see systems so degraded by humans and then see how they try to remedy it, It is seen that it is a beautiful place, I hope that the green areas can continue to grow :) by: Carol Cisternas
ResponderBorrarSo sad for the pandas:( there are so cute!
ResponderBorrar